Sunday, November 21, 2010

Find the time.


This past week was a "go, go, go!" type of week. I had/have a to-do list as long as the Great Wall of China. It's all pretty much about school or the wedding. Well in that list was the WPST, which is the writing proficiency test for the University. It's when you have to go to the university at the crack of dawn to write about something random (for example: what's your favorite moment in life) so that you can get into some class that you need to graduate. Well I had to write about how something I've learned at the university has impacted my life. I wrote about how my American Theatre class. That class is definitely the most relaxing class in my schedule this semester. It's a fun class that I actually enjoy so I thought I should pay it some tribute.

In one of the paragraphs, I wrote about how that class has inspired me to take time out of my day to enjoy art. We are all artists, and we also enjoy the art of others. I consider my art to be writing, singing, and playing guitar. I may not be an expert at all of them, but I do enjoy myself when I do these things. I also enjoy listening to music, watching movies, and reading. I do this because I enjoy the work of other artists. Art just makes my quality of life so much better.

It's really important to appreciate yourself and others. Not only their art, but their individuality and just who they are as a person. I'm glad we're all different, or we wouldn't be able to enjoy a variety of things. If everyone was like me, there would be no art exhibits or theatres. We would all look and act like me too...and I'm glad that not everyone looks and acts like me! That would be kinda creepy and pretty boring too.

We all have special people and abilities in our lives. We need to start appreciating them! I know the day goes by fast and that there is so much to do, but lets find time to let them know how awesome they are, and that their art or individuality makes your life so much better. Take time out of your day to enjoy the things you're good at to or just the things you like doing! Life is too short to be stuck in routines of the day.

I need to really start doing this myself. There are so many amazing people in my life! They make my life so much better. Dear Jon, Mom, Dad, and Magda....You all bring so much happiness into my life. You guys make me excited about the future. There's not a day that goes by that I don't appreciate you. Thank you so much! I love you!

And for anyone who reads this... thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment