Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Soundtrack of My Life


"We only got 86,400 seconds in a day to
Turn it all around or to throw it all away
We gotta tell them that we love them
While we got the chance to say
Gotta live like we're dying" -Kris Allen, Live Like We're Dying

I got an interesting fact and some good advice from this song. We don't notice how much time we waste complaining about life, school, the weather, people, the old lady driving slow in front of us, this list can go on forever. We waste away the seconds of our days. Sometimes we waste years! Why do we act as if we could turn back time? Instead of throwing that precious time away, we should invest it in "turning things around." Tell your family you love them! Enjoy the beautiful world God has made! Like our wise friend Kris Allen said, we gotta live like we're dying. Sometimes it's hard to be optimistic, but there's always something to smile about. ALWAYS!

At work this week, I found out that one of our clients passed away. It was sad news. His wife came in, and I could feel the pain she was going through just by looking at her. She told my dad to enjoy my mother right now that he had the time to. That thought has always impacted me. I tell my family that I love them as many times as I can (You can ask them... I sound like a broken record sometimes). I enjoy every second of their company. I thank God for them everyday! I am so blessed. I have a great God, good health, I'm surrounded by amazing people, I don't think I have room for much complaining.

So lets be content with what we have. Lets truly live those 86,400 seconds. I love you all! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment